My entry for the Canadian National Day of Podcasting 2013
Reflections of some things I'm giving thanks for on it's namesake weekend.
"And during the few moments that we have left... we wanna talk right down to Earth in a language that everybody here can easily understand." - Malcolm X
No, it's not an Iggy Pop retrospective, but instead a double length dose of lovehate goodness in respectful consideration of a number that is transitory and a need to get out of a mood and into a tall glass of thankfulness.
Below is my summer "bucket list" - i.e. things to do before summer kicks the bucket.
- Think of a better name for this list than "bucket list"
- Get back to Las Vegas and find a way to break the bank and come home with enough money to fund a winter trip to Vegas.
- Spend ample time deciding whether I should get an iPhone.
- Reassure myself that my decision to not buy a BluRay DVD player is completely justified because the cost is still too high for its own good, and even though I own a couple hundred DVDs, I never watch them.
- Try to regain the same blogging output that I had last summer when lovehatethings first started. (Two weeks until the first anniversary!)
- Try to encourage more of friends that Twitter is about way too much more than lifestreaming for them to use that as an excuse to stay away.
- Catch up on the latest seasons of Weeds, Burn Notice, Ashes to Ashes, Star Wars: Clone Wars, and True Blood.
- Go to see some late night movies... I wish they started at midnight - 10:30 is too early for this night owl.
- Get on the ball and reserve a night for my 3rd annual Backyard Film Festival.
- Book a gig so that my gracious friends who keep asking me to play are kept happy for another six months.
- Find a cheap source of watermelons. Those things are like crack in the summer; gotta have my fix.
- Play some poker with friends and at the closest casino.
- Try at least five local restaurants I've never checked out.
- Do at least one day of buying rush tickets for Stratford and checking out a couple of plays.
- Find things that really piss me off... it helps the podcast rants so much.
- Start to write the Great American novel and then give up in a violent fit having drowned myself in a sea of bourbon.
- Start to read Finnegan's Wake... and then give up in a violent fit having drowned myself in a sea of bourbon.
- Do annual summer viewings of Dazed and Confused, Almost Famous, Big Fish, a Kevin Smith marathon, and, if the moment moves me, a John Hughes marathon.
- And last, but not least, read the books that have been gathering dust on the shelves for far too long.