Can I deconstruct a religious flyer without sounding like I'm mocking the religion? Press play to find out!
A great example about why a Creative Commons approach to copyright is so functional and versatile with the web. In this 10 minute doc, you are introduced to the content creator of an archetypal set of photos that was repurposed all over the world. He enjoys seeing his work used for non-commercial uses, but balks at those trying to make money from them. A very tight example of the inevitability of mashups and the proper concern about control over intellectual property.
Remind me to shoot the next person who comes up with ideas for shampoo sales. Here's a pitch if you want to win me over. SHAMPOO - GETS HAIR CLEAN. DOESN'T SMELL LIKE SHIT! That's really all I want. Apparently, others disagree, because Amazon is actually selling the following:
[I could only make it through the first 15 pages out of 9000 shampoos before wanting to slit my wrists and pour Jojoba Coconut Keylime Pie Ice Cream Shampoo over them.]
- Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo for Frequent Use
- Alterna Caviar Seasilk Moisture Shampoo
- Bed Head Self Absorbed Shampoo
- Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner
- Aubrey Organics - Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo
- American Crew Refreshing Shampoo, Citrus Mint
- Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo
- Dove Shampoo, Cool Moisture, Cucumber & Green Tea Scent
- Bumble and Bumble Creme de Coco Shampoo
- Kerastase Nutritive Bain Oleo-Relax Smoothing Shampoo for Dry and Rebellious Hair
- Bumble and Bumble Shampoo, Seaweed
- Head & Shoulders Hair Endurance for Men Pyrithione Zinc Dandruff Shampoo plus Conditioner
- Canus Li'l Goat's Milk Body Wash/ Tearless Shampoo
- DHS Tar Shampoo
- Tigi Bed Head Superstar Sulfate-free Shampoo
- Brazilian Blowout Acai Anti-Frizz Shampoo
- JASON Natural Cosmetics Dandruff Relief Shampoo, Rosemary, Neem & Tea Tree
- Fairy Tales Rosemary Repel Shampoo
- Avalon Organics Moisturizing Shampoo, Awapuhi Mango
- Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo
- Herbal Escapes Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo
- Nature's Gate Organics Shampoo, Chamomile & Lemon Verbena
- DEVA by Deva Concepts: CURL NO POO CONDITIONING CLEANSER
- WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
- Suave Naturals Shampoo, Fresh Mountain Strawberry
- Lily of the Desert Aloe 80 Organics Shampoo, Daily, Aloe, Lemon & Rosemary
- Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo
- Burt's Bees Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo
- Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk Non-Aerosol Spray
- Tigi Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo
- Rusk Sensories Purify Cucurbita & Tea Tree Oil Deep Cleansing Shampoo
- Klorane Extra Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Extract
- Nutrine Garlic Shampoo
- PHYTO Phytoprogenium Intelligent Shampoo
- Psssssst Instant Spray Shampoo
- Tigi Bed Head Brunette Goddess Shampoo
I would have commented on some of the above, but I believe the list speaks for itself. Now I have to go tame my rebellious hair.
photolink courtesy www.ctv.ca
Signs of a great 70s van print ad:
1) All the girls are wearing bikini tops.
2) All the guys are stoned or on their way there.
3 The Sun is smiling.
4) Speech bubbles pop up with great quotes like: "Did you know Street Van spelled backwards is Teerts Nav?"
5) The air is full of psychedelic rainbows.
6) You can clip a fill-in form to send for FREE INFORMATION.
7) It comes with a "Customizing Idea Kit" to help the guys... who are on their way.
8) Retro Terms: high-back buckets, ve-ry hea-vy, seat freak, do it yourself porthole, fat Polyglas Tires.
9) Van roofs are for sunbathing.
10) You get a free one year membership in the "Van Clan"... 'nuff said.
I don't know that, if I was ever the owner of a major restaurant chain, I would ever want to ask my customers to come and "Taste the Awesome". If I'm offering something for a limited time, does that mean that the awesome hasn't existed in my eateries before, and that soon it won't anymore.