The minor league baseball logos may not be the best designed or, in some cases, even appropriate for a baseball team, but they are funny or evoke a smile.
1. Las Vegas 51s - notice the Star Trek font and the alien head with baseball stitching calling an homage to the the mysterious government installation "somewhere" in Nevada.
2. Montgomery Biscuits - C'mon people! It's a smiling biscuit with a butter pad tongue!
3. Modesto Nuts - They need the SlapChop soundbite "How do you like my nuts?" played over the public address at every game.
4. Lansing Lugnuts - Looks more like something out of Mad Magazine than a sports logo. Why the solitary jutting tooth on Mr. Lugnut?
5. Fort Wayne Tin Caps - It's an apple wearing an upside-down pot on its head. Throw in a melting clock and you could sell this at a college poster sale.
6. Savannah Sand Gnats - That's one buff sand gnat with one flaccid looking bat.
7. Jamestown Jammers - Meet the ancestor of the California Raisin or the cousin of the Fruit of the Loom mascot. I guess they couldn't get the rights to put a picture of Phish or Jerry Garcia.
8. Casper Ghosts - Not too friendly looking. The name was an obvious choice. The logo looks like something from a Misfits album... creepy!
Considering the new face (or non-face) of the modern orator, how to piss people off at bars, and my "trip" phollowing phish to Wisconsin via the Mars Cheese Castle.
I've either found a wicked new name for my next band or I just threw up a little. While I have no doubt that this probably tastes just fine. There's something very wrong about this picture. Now I'm not one who's all about presentation at restaurants. For me, good food and good portions win the day. This, however, has crossed the line of culinary decency. Maybe this would be a nice summer treat add-on to Pork Cones or Headcheesecake.
This art installation is very cool. Kind of the more esoteric, less tacky version of the Fremont Street Experience in Vegas. Set up at the National Gallery in Washington D.C. I somehow wish that the process includes the Dr. Who theme song and a Starchild. Click the psfk.com link above for more details.
I don't know how to couch this in clever or witty banter. I don't know how to ask for your forgiveness in unleashing this on you. That I know something like this exists makes my world a bit less innocent.
And so I present... The Incredible, Edible Anus!
"The chocolates are small anuses, no "cheeks" or other body parts attached. The seem to only come in chocolate or solid silver. They are certainly a curiosity and would be a great gag gift for your less than conservative friends or even gifts for a wild bachelor or bachelorette party. Just remember they are chocolate so be sure to keep them in a cool dry place."
As the associatedcontent.com article states upon heading to chocolate anus site:
"it is easy to forget you are at a website that sells chocolate anuses."
A thousand pardons my blogging brothers and sisters. I feel shamed and guilty and not worthy of sharing the same web as you, but the site is called lovehatethings.
Well, when you thought you'd heard it all, something appears in the far periphery of your radar that just doesn't seem to make any sense. With this in mind, I offer up the lead from the article entitled "Two Girls Married Off to Frogs":
In a bizarre ritual, two minor girls, both seven, from the remote Pallipudupet village in Tamil Nadu's Villupuram district were married off to frogs on Friday night. The ceremony, an annual feature during the Pongal (harvest) festival, is conducted "to prevent the outbreak of mysterious diseases in the village."
I figure if we were, for years, ready to accept the marriage of Miss Piggy and Kermit, this isn't too far of a stretch... I fear, however, that California may have to set up another Prop referendum to make sure this doesn't happen in that state.
No word in on whether any of the frogs have turned into Prince or the frog formerly known as Prince.
It's alright to do a double take when reading this title... I thought I might be reading an article from the Onion, but at least one editor in Tanzania is convinced of the country's moral decay:
"At the moment, we are witnessed unparalleled killings of albinos. Strange enough, rather than seeing concrete action being taken to stem the tide, almost everybody from top down is complaining about the killings, but no political will has been manifested towards actively protecting the albinos."
Apparently albino skin is used by "witch doctors" in ritual medicine.
I born, raised and bred in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and I don't pretend to know ANYTHING about Tanzania. I present this more for its seemingly surreal nature in addition to what I'm sure are tragic events for the families involved. When I think about the juxtaposition between North American auto bailouts and government changes compared to albino hunting... I'm at a loss!
You can't invent this stuff - whaddup Earth?